So, today, SFT Canada’s Board is enjoying a – what we are told – proves quintessentially Vancouver January day. That means its raining outside (beats Montreal, where it’s probably cold and icy. I digress).
Right now we’re on a lunch break, so I thought I’d stick up an update.
In all seriousness, what a morning. We got up, had breakfast, and then went into the thick of it by 9 am. We discussed some upcoming projects for SFT Canada, which I found a really good experience, as it enables everyone to get to communicate face to face with members of SFT from around the country. Where is this big thing of ours going? Where do we want it to go? How can we be the change we wish to see in the world?
What I found particularly interesting was a discussion we had about understanding ourselves within the context of a larger movement working for social, economic and environmental justice. It made me remember that while SFT’s focus is working for Tibetans, a lot of people here have been involved with a lot more – and will continue do – so much other stuff as well. There’s a wider vision to this shtick.
Anyways, back to it then.
- RT @TenzinL: Incredible how much @SFTCanada has done in 2017 on so little ($). Check out their impressive highlights & show your support if… 4 weeks ago
- RT @tenzinster: This morning outside @cafreeland’s office calling on Minister Freeland and PM @JustinTrudeau to raise human rights abuses i… 1 month ago
- Tibetans and #Tibet supporters gathered here at the Foreign Affairs Minister @cafreeland's office in downtown Toron… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- For more info, check out: bit.ly/sft-halloween2… All proceeds go to fund SFT Canada’s work for the Tibetan movement and youth empowerment. 2 months ago
- SFT Canada is back for our famous halloween party and this year we present you "Nightmare on Bloor St." happenin Oct. 27th @ Lithuanian Hall 2 months ago
SFT Canada on Flickr