So, today, SFT Canada’s Board is enjoying a – what we are told – proves quintessentially Vancouver January day. That means its raining outside (beats Montreal, where it’s probably cold and icy. I digress).
Right now we’re on a lunch break, so I thought I’d stick up an update.
In all seriousness, what a morning. We got up, had breakfast, and then went into the thick of it by 9 am. We discussed some upcoming projects for SFT Canada, which I found a really good experience, as it enables everyone to get to communicate face to face with members of SFT from around the country. Where is this big thing of ours going? Where do we want it to go? How can we be the change we wish to see in the world?
What I found particularly interesting was a discussion we had about understanding ourselves within the context of a larger movement working for social, economic and environmental justice. It made me remember that while SFT’s focus is working for Tibetans, a lot of people here have been involved with a lot more – and will continue do – so much other stuff as well. There’s a wider vision to this shtick.
Anyways, back to it then.
- RT @ProjectTibet: The City of Ottawa has proclaimed May 21st as the Tibetan Community Day with recognition of the success of the... https:/… 1 month ago
- Happening Now: please come by parkdale school & write down a message to commemorate H.H. Panchen Lama's 28th bday.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Join SFT Canada, RTYC Toronto & TWAO from 2-8pm today @ PCI school to commemorate the 11th Panchen Lama's birthday #FreePanchenLamaNow 1 month ago
- Spotted in 'Little Tibet' today #FreePanchenLamaNow https://t.co/6wuPd5X7br 1 month ago
- RT @SFTHQ: SFT Exec. Director Pema Yoko reads statement at Tibet, Hong Kong, & Taiwan Conference for Freedom, Democracy, & right to Self De… 1 month ago
SFT Canada on Flickr